With almost all major entrance exams, including JEE, AIPMT, for professional courses getting over, several students of the Science stream and their parents are looking for options just in case they miss the bus for the coveted BTech and MBBS courses. Every year a vast majority of students who take these tests either do not make the grade, or have to choose institutes of dubious reputation. Many also make a complete shift and opt for Commerce stream rather than into looking at the many alternatives available in the realm of science.
- University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Central Food Technology Research Institute, Mysore (with branches in Karnataka and Mumbai).
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Krishi Vishwa Vidalaya, Himachal Pradesh.
- Fruit Technology Institute, Lucknow
- National Sugar Institute, Kanpur.
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education (with four training centres in Barrackpore(WB); Kakinada (AP); Lucknow and Mumbai.
- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal & Bangalore
- Guru Jambeshwar University of Science and Technology Hisar
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Somany Institute of Technology and Management Rewari, Haryana.
- Harcourt Butler technological institute, Kanpur
- Anna University, College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai
- Six regional schools of printing technology