To help you fill the JEE MAIN form correctly I am writing this step by step guide so that you don't feel any problem.
First of all read these instructions given on JEE MAIN website carefully, you must keep with you your 10 class marksheet/certificate, Aadhaar card and scanned images of your photograph with date of photograph and your name printed on it and your signature.
Step1: Log on to the website www.jeemain.nic.in. (I will advice to use Chrome)
- The scanned images of photograph and Signature should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card: The candidate has to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment Page. In case the acknowledgment page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate account with in a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the Acknowledgment Page is not generated
- Payment by Bank e-challan: The candidate has to select bank (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC) to deposit the application fee through e-Challan mode. As soon as he/she selects, an e-Challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount to be paid. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank for making payment. After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/CBSE, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page. In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch to update his/her transaction.