IIT JEE 2012:Quick Takes
- More than 5.6 lakh aspirants appeared for the IIT Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) this year as compared to 4.6 lakh who took the exam last time.
- The exam held at 1,067 centres across the country on Sunday for admission to nearly 9,618 undergraduate seats in 15 IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad.
- The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
- The level of questions was far beyond than the NCERT Text book which definitely gives edge to students preparing through coaching centres.
- Paper 1 and 2 both contained 20 questions each of Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- The maximum marks of Paper 1 -210 Marks and of Paper-2 is 198 Marks.
- Paper 2 was much tougher than paper-1.
- Students who are good in their theory concepts and prepared well for the exam will definitely excel in the competition.
- None of the paper had matric match type questions
- Paper was tougher than last year's paper.
- From the initial reactions cutoff this year seems to be on lower side than 2011 possible under around 180 .
But after interacting with students past 24 hours after the paper I sense it may be anywhere between 190-200 Marks.
- Students getting 320+ marks can hope for AIR<200
Check this space tomorrow for rank predictor.